|The Humboldt Taxpayer's League was established in 1964 with the primary purpose of monitoring local governments in the interest of all taxpayers. Our sole concern is the most effective use of your tax dollars. We are strictly opposed to any taxation, by whatever name, without the consent of the electorate.We are: Non- partisan, non- profit and registered as a 501 (c) (4) corporation.We are a totally member supported organization and do not seek or receive any government funding.|
Monitor local governments and their use of public funds and resources Educate taxpayers on matters of taxation and the operation of government Provide a liason between the taxpayers and government entities
The League normally meets for lunch at 11:45am, with the business meeting starting at noon, the second Wednesday of each month in Eureka at the Samoa Cook House.
|Our next meeting will be held January 8 at the Samoa Cookhouse with lunch starting at 11:45 and the business meeting starting at noon. The agenda will be posted below as soon as it's available.|
|The public is invited to attend and participate. Reservations may be made by calling 707-599-2561. Send your email address to Cliff Chapman and you will be added to our list to receive the agenda and other League materials by email.|
For Becoming The Most Influential Civic Organization In Humboldt County:
1. Increase membership numbers and involvement to include an effective influential sector of our County's population:
a. Increase general membership
and voting influence.
b. Develop and implement a Membership Drive strategy.
2. Develop the League's committee structure to increase general membership participation and the effectiveness of our time and efforts.
3. Increase visibility and communication with the public and general membership, including:
a. Newsletters and Newspaper articles4. Establish Rules of Conduct for how we conduct ourselves both within the League and with the officials, agencies and other organizations we work with.
b. Position/Issue papers
c. Public speaker forums
5. Define the principles that disclose the League's collective opinions and adopted policies toward the use of public resources, and upon which the League's positions and recommendations will be based.
6. Stay passionate recommit ourselves to advancing the League's Mission and supporting each other in our efforts and projects.
|January 2012||February 2012||March 2012||April 2012||May 2012||June 2012|
This page last modified
If you notice errors, or encounter any problems with this page, please e-mail the webmaster.